Whole House Water Filter Installation & Its Benefits
Nowadays, installing a water filter in your house has become important. Clean water is vital to your health for drinking, showering, and for cooking food. Most people today drink chlorine-treated water that still contains many harmful bacteria, chemicals, and other contaminants. Water, like oxygen, is crucial to maintaining life.
Water filter system installation also depends on where your house is getting the water supply. Likewise, water from your tap may not be pure, despite passing through a water treatment facility. Water can easily pick up contaminants after it has left the water treatment facility.
The situation is the same if the water is stored in a private well. A well water is often hard, causing staining trouble in the plumbing work.
A good way to ensure that you will have a good supply of clean and pure water in your home is to install a home water filtration system.
You can protect your complete house water from the bacteria, heavy metals, and chemicals from the water with the whole house water filter. A whole house water filter will not just purify the taps in your home, it will filter water coming from every plumbing fixture and will also fix the smell and taste issue.
Think of the hassle of having the water you drink and use tested regularly. The safest and simplest solution is to use filtered water by investing in an advanced home water filtration system.
Types of Home Water Filtration Systems
There are various types of advanced home water filtration systems available in the market and the top three are the following:
- Activated carbon – It is one of the most common and the least expensive among the many types of water filters. The system is usually installed under the sink. You just replace the filter cartridges as often as needed. Activated carbon filtration systems are known to be effective in removing parasites, chemicals, and heavy metals that may be present in the water.
- Cation exchange water filter systems – It is also called ion exchange filters or water softeners. In this filter system, positively-charged ions are used to attract negatively-charged ions that are harmful, such as barium and calcium. Barium can cause some health issues as prolonged exposure to this earth metal can affect your internal organs. Magnesium and calcium can damage pipes and also make water taste bad.
- Reverse osmosis – This is considered as the most effective home water filtration system. Reverse osmosis forces the water to pass through a semi-permeable membrane using air pressure. Almost all contaminants are effectively filtered out with this system. Water filtration process is either 5, 6, or 7 stages. Brands that process water in more stages (6 or 7) are able to produce alkaline water. Output is between 50 to 90 gallons per day.
Benefits of Whole House Water Filter System
Whatever type of home water filtration system you choose, take a look at the benefits you will get from filtering your water.
- Have safer drinking water anytime – When you filter your water, you are ensured that you have healthy drinking water, compared to the bottled water and tap water that comes straight from the water treatment plants in your municipality. Unfiltered water, even if it has come from the water treatment plant still has contaminants such as lead. Water treatment plants add chemicals such as fluoride and chlorine to the water as their treatment method. When you have an advanced home water filtration system, these chemicals, other impurities, and most of the 2,100 known toxins in drinking water are removed. Fill safe water bottles with filtered water if you’re into going out for sports, a picnic, or a day trip.
- Protect the environment – There were 50 Billion plastic water bottles bought in the U.S last year. However, only 38% were recycled, with the remainder ending up in landfills. With a home water filtration system, you will not be adding more rubbish into landfills. On average, it will take 450 years for plastic bottles to disintegrate.
- Minimize aggravation of skin conditions – Substances such as heavy metals, fluoride, and chlorine in the water can aggravate skin conditions. This includes psoriasis and eczema, especially in children.
- Cost Savings – If you are currently buying bottled water, you’ll realize big savings from installing a water filter at home. If there are four members in your household and each of you drinks three 16.9 ounce bottles of water each day, you’ll be able to save a minimum of $700 annually. This assumes you buy an average-priced 24 pack of water bottles at a cost of around $5.00. If you install a reverse osmosis home water filtration system, it only costs between $300 and $500. A new filter is required annually at an average cost of $50-80.
- Reduce plumbing repair bills – You can reduce plumbing repairs, and cut your repair bills when you use filtered water. Heavy metals, minerals, and chemicals in unfiltered water can cause damage to your plumbing system. It is not only the pipes that could be affected but also other home appliances that use water. This includes your water dispenser, refrigerator ice maker, garbage disposal, dishwasher, and washing machine.
- Enhance disaster preparedness – If a sewer line bursts near your house, it can cause water contamination. However, you will be protected if you have an advanced home water filtration system installed for the whole house.
- Save on soap – An advanced home water filtration system acts in the same way as a water softener. This will help you to use less soap to clean your body, your dishes, and your clothes. Hard water has minerals that prevent the ionic action of soap, thus its cleaning power is minimized.
- Improve the taste of drinking water – Water filters remove elements that cause drinking water to have an unpleasant taste and smell, such as lead, chlorine, and bacteria. A home water filtration system will improve the overall purity, taste, and smell of your drinking water. It also lowers the pH level of the water that you drink.
- Reduce the risk of gastrointestinal diseases – Several parasites can be found in the water and many microscopic organisms live in sources of water that have not been treated properly. Parasites that can cause intestinal and digestive problems are removed by filtration.
- Remove soap scum and deposits on clothes – Over time, the chemicals in unclean tap water will leave deposits on clothes, causing them to smell differently. It also can lead to rashes and allergies. Likewise, unclean water causes soap scum buildup on your dishes, your clothes, and your bathroom.
HOW TO INSTALL WHOLE HOUSE WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM?
Before proceeding to install a whole house water filter, make sure you have a primary knowledge of plumbing. You should need to be familiar with cutting water pipes and connecting them. You will also require some useful tools needed to complete a whole house water filter installation process.
If you haven`t done plumbing before or you are not able to do the water line installation, hire a professional plumber in Seattle.
Existing as the most complete and complex system for homes, Home Water Filter System installation is used by homeowners to improve the home water quality. The installation process of the filtrations is similar with all types of filters, considering the only difference in the way water gets filtered and the contaminants they remove.
The below tools are required to start the home water filtration system installation
- A Drill
- Assorted Drill Bits
- Pex Pipe (recommended)
- 2 Different Sizes Adjustable Wrenches
- A Tubing Cutter
- Buckets to Drain Any Remaining Water from Your Main Supply After Shut Off.
- A Home Water Filter System
To quick start, choose the location wisely which is closest to your home’s main water supply. Make sure you are able to replace the filters in your system.
You need to follow these steps carefully to install a home water filter system as a do-it-yourself.
- Check The Location
Determine the best place to install the Home Water Filtration System. Find a location near the main shutoff valve. Consider having enough space below the filtration system to install the new one.
- Check The Parts
Open the new water filtration system box and make sure that you have all the parts required.
- Screw the Pipe Fitting Treads
Round wrap a Teflon Tape around the Treads and insert the fitting side in the filters both side head caps using the adjustable wrench.
- Turn Off Main Water Supply
Turn off the Main Water Supply to prevent any water leakage.
- Relief the Water Pressure
Relief the water pressure by turning on a faucet at home.
- Make Secure Connection
Some water pipes don’t have slack, to make a secure connection you can use slack joint push fittings to connect the pipes and water filter.
- Cut A Section Using Tube Cutter
Take the size of the water pipe to cut it according to the water filter size. Use the tube cutter to cut the section of the pipe. Also, check which water pipe you are using so the cutting will be done according to it. Place a bucket under to catch the drain water.
- Bursh The End of Pipe Using Sand Paper
Take sandpaper and brush the end of the cut-down water pipe and join it to the water filter using the push fittings. Also, do the same at the other end of the water filter. Now the water filter is attached with water pipes from both sides and is ready to be pushed in between the main water pipeline from where we have cut them down.
- Install A Copper Jumper
Since, the electrical system is grounded to the waterline, which is common in homes. You need to install the copper wire using clamps.
- Install The New Water Filter
As of now, we are all set up to install the new water filters into the container. The new water filter will help to filter the water, improve the quality and taste of the water supplied to your home. Following the manufacturer’s instructions, remove the container from the head cap and place the new filter into it. You can change the water filter whenever required.
- Open The Water Supply Valve
Turn the water supply on and let the water fill into the water filter container system and check for any leaks.
Congratulations you have successfully installed a quality house water filtration system.
With basic knowledge of plumbing and by following our water filtration system installation guide, you can install a water purifier at you home and enjoy the benefits of using it. There should no longer be any reason for you to drink unfiltered water. You not only ensure that you use clean water, but you also see to it that your health concerns about drinking contaminated and chemical-laden water are addressed.
You should get your water supply checked before installing a new water filtration system to know any contamination inherent in your city water or well. Getting knowledge about the water quality supplied to your house will help you to understand the type of water filtration system you need to get installed for the water filtration.
The price varies in different regions for professional water filtration installation services. Installing a water filtration system is a complex job that requires a professional plumbing service. If you don’t want to compromise the drinking and cooking water quality in your house and want professional help then Fischer Plumbing is the one-stop solution. We are serving plumbing services for 40 Years and are experts in plumbing. Call us for any small or bigger water filtration system installation project, our plumbers know how to handle them.
We are a full-service plumbing company that does all home service plumbing and sewer repairs.
This can be anything from drain cleaning, toilets, or sink replacement to rootering drains and repairing sewer lines. When it comes to plumbing, we do it all, just call us at (206)-279-3322
We care about your health and continue to serve our customers safely through the CDC COVID-19 protocols.
Office hours are 8 AM to 4 PM, after-hours emergency calls are very limited with current labor shortages, we cannot guarantee the ability to provide after-hours plumbing services. We will do our absolute best to accommodate your needs.
We are an hourly shop and charge time and material for most of our plumbing services. This is a more cost-effective process for our customers and most other plumbing companies charge overinflated prices and they have much higher profits as a result.
We do plumbing as far north as Everett and as far South as Renton. We also travel east as far as Woodinville and Issaquah. Please call us if you would like to know about providing plumbing services in your community.
Yes, we love to support non-profits, from Churches to Volleyball Teams, Little League, and our local roadside clean-up crews, we love to help out where we can.