f you are considering repairing or replacing PEX Tubing in your home or business, please consider Fischer Plumbing. We have over 30 years of repair and repiping experience.
The following are the benefits of using Pex:
● Pex tubing is Cross-Linked Polyethylene, which makes it ideal for replacing in hard to get areas.
● During the manufacturing process, polyethylene molecules are manipulated to create bridges, or cross-links. The result is a material that is far more durable in extreme temperature differences and chemical exposure. It also resists cracking, stiffening, kinking and other problems associated with other types of plastic tubing.
PEX was invented and eloped in the 60’s and has been used extensively in Europe ever since. Since it was introduced to the United States in the 80’s, it has enjoyed steady growth and wider use.
Because PEX can withstand temperatures ranging from well below freezing to 200° Fahrenheit, it can be used successfully in a wide variety of applications. These include:
● Hot and cold water systems for residential, commercial, RV and marine use.
● Hydronic radiant heating for homes and floors.
● Outdoor sprinkler systems.
● Fire sprinkler systems.
● Ice rink systems.
● Snow melting.